My Photo
Name:
Location: Fontainebleau, France

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Saiful, Sahay & Children International

I met up with Saiful, the little eleven year old who I have been sponsoring for a couple of years on a very hot afternoon in his remote village near South Kalighat in West Bengal.
For once, I feel happy and glad of having done something to truly make a difference.

Saiful is a really cute and intelligent kid, who loves to take his shirt off and jump into the village pond at a moments notice. He is interested in studies but is really shy when asked anything from his course books. I fell in love with him the moment I set my eyes on him. He has a really nice sister too, Papiya who is surprisingly smarter and more flamboyant than her brother. She recited all the poems she knew and also showed me a few dance steps that she had seen on TV.

I sponsored Saiful through Children International which funds other NGOs to work in children related areas. Sahay was the agency in Calcutta which handled the children for Children International.

In Sahay, I had an oppurtunity to meet some really good people, people who make you feel optimistic about the future of the country. I was really impressed and I wish them all the best.
Also I promise to sponsor another kid the moment I join the job.

In life look for a purpose, look to make a difference..
else whats the point..
stay happy and spread happiness and laughter..
remember you are the fortunate one..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home